Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Rek Paint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After making a vertical hex breakout for jazzophis, i decided to make a screen for myself. each pixel has a piston flip flop. sure its slow, but it lets me have some simplicity for certain parts such as a 1.5 tick pulse through the reset line inverts the whole image.
/warp rekpaint for a good time. Wink
[Image: rekpaint_zps02ee98af.png]
16x16 screen
[Image: rekpaintXY_zpsf89ce03e.png]
hex based XY selection with color grid
[Image: rekpaintdpad_zpsb9045af4.png]
D-pad adds and subtracts from hex value.
[Image: rekpaintplot_zps5651a96d.png]
Plot options:
1.Reset(turns all pixels off)
2.Toggle Pixel(changes state of addressed pixel)
3.Auto Plot(toggles pixel every time address changes)
4.Disable Plot(lets you change the address without plotting)
5.Invert Image(sends 1.5 tick pulse through reset line to invert image)
rekt?
this is boss!!!!
Im in the process of putting XY markers on the border so you can see where the plot point is.
not as cool as greatgamer's blinking cursor though...

Edit: There we go
[Image: rekpaintXYdisplay_zps1c96d485.png]
damnit red
Wow awesome!
Thanks! I made some UI changes and the warp is "rekpaint" if you wanna check it out.

1.5 tick pulses work fine through repeaters on the server but seem to be iffy through too many torches or comparators.
I'll definitely have to check it out when i get some time.

Wait 1.5 pulses can go through repeaters? Do you mean the 1 tick converted tick or the actual 1.5 which is able to then go through redstone torches again?
(03-27-2014, 05:41 AM)Koala_Steamed Wrote: [ -> ]I'll definitely have to check it out when i get some time.

Wait 1.5 pulses can go through repeaters? Do you mean the 1 tick converted tick or the actual 1.5 which is able to then go through redstone torches again?

well i didn't know that, but the invert image thing uses the 1.5 tick limiter that i made after i saw your video. each pixel has its own 1.5 tick pulse limiter that i made to be 2x2 stackable that actually does use torches.
issss sooo sexyyyy
<3 :3