Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Application I fixed staff can you look? hugo260205.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minecraft name:hugo260205
What do you like the most about redstone?:The epic things you can do you know, its just amazing how you can do everything. I like it how people are proud of others buildings and it makes me happy when they like my redstone buildings.
What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:A 1 bit alu quite weird though
What does the thing do?:In digital electronics, an arithmetic and logic unit is a digital circuit that performs integer arithmetic and logical operations. The ALU is a fundamental building block of the central processing unit of a computer. The processors found inside modern CPUs and graphics processing units accommodate very powerful and very complex ALUs; a single component may contain a number of ALUs.
Image and/or video, from imgur.com or youtube.com:http://i.imgur.com/UloFV5p.jpg I couldn't get the screenshot out of my screenshots because I'm on device but here's a 4 bit adder I made.
Do you agree with the rules?:Yes I sure do agree!

So hope you enjoy!
An (ripple carry) adder does not quite demonstrate enough knowledge of redstone logic to join the build server. Although you did give a decent explanation. Could you maybe build an ALU out of that adder or make it subtract?
(03-16-2014, 03:16 AM)hugo260205 Wrote: [ -> ]Minecraft name:hugo260205
What do you like the most about redstone?:The epic things you can do you know, its just amazing how you can do everything. I like it how people are proud of others buildings and it makes me happy when they like my redstone buildings.
What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:A 1 bit alu quite weird though
What does the thing do?:In digital electronics, an arithmetic and logic unit is a digital circuit that performs integer arithmetic and logical operations. The ALU is a fundamental building block of the central processing unit of a computer. The processors found inside modern CPUs and graphics processing units accommodate very powerful and very complex ALUs; a single component may contain a number of ALUs.
Image and/or video, from imgur.com or youtube.com:http://i.imgur.com/UloFV5p.jpg I couldn't get the screenshot out of my screenshots because I'm on device but here's a 4 bit adder I made.
Do you agree with the rules?:Yes I sure do agree!

So hope you enjoy!
In digital electronics, an arithmetic and logic unit (ALU) is a digital circuit that performs integer arithmetic and logical operations. The ALU is a fundamental building block of the central processing unit of a computer, and even the simplest microprocessors contain one for purposes such as maintaining timers. The processors found inside modern CPUs and graphics processing units (GPUs) accommodate very powerful and very complex ALUs; a single component may contain a number of ALUs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic_logic_unit

Really sorry to post here admins, but I just want to make sure that you know this is the first paragraph from wikipedia. Feel free to remove this.