Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Build Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minecraft name: DJ_Level_3

What do you like the most about redstone?: I likeĀ 

What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: I made an ALU with a 7 segment display

What does the thing do?: it is a "computer" that can add, subtract, and take an AND output. It also has overflow control and a way to invert input b. Adding and using AND are done by 1 switch, to subtract, you invert b, carry in, add, and disable overflow control. (thanks to PerihelionOrbit for helping me with the subtraction part)

UPDATE:
Since then, I learned that an ALU needs Flood Cary and Or, so I build a new computer. The new one has 2-bit input and 3-bit output for no overflow, Adding, subtracting, inverting b, flood carrying, OR, and Carry In. It also has a 7-segment display and controls for reading and writing memory.

Image/s and/or video/s of the device, from imgur.com or youtube.com: https://imgur.com/a/jPNpJhV

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: A 3-bit binary to 7 segment display converter.

Do you agree with the rules?: Yes, I do.
I'm sorry but a 3 bit bin to 7 segment display converter is still a simple rom setup. spice it up with something.
(07-22-2019, 02:31 PM)Koyarno Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but a 3 bit bin to 7 segment display converter is still a simple rom setup. spice it up with something.

Thanks! I also had the idea of connecting it to an adder/subtractor, but I thought it would take too long. Would that work?
Can you do an ALU? It's basically an adder but modified slightly.
(07-23-2019, 05:47 PM)LambdaPI Wrote: [ -> ]Can you do an ALU? It's basically an adder but modified slightly.

An ALU has OR and Flood Carry, right? I can do 4 bit w/ screen if there's time
invert A, invert B, Carry in are also required for the ALU.
(07-24-2019, 09:38 AM)Koyarno Wrote: [ -> ]invert A, invert B, Carry in are also required for the ALU.

Got it. I'll practice. Does this mean I've been accepted?
Will you be building an ALU for the build trial?
(07-28-2019, 05:17 AM)LambdaPI Wrote: [ -> ]Will you be building an ALU for the build trial?

i guess so.
Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.

Make sure you know your ALU well, the trialer will ask lots of questions about it.