Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Video Ideas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

So I've been wanting to make some more videos for the ORE youtube channel and I've run into a brick wall, if you want to throw forward some ideas feel free to post them here!

Videos will have to wait a bit as my gaming pc isnt done but is very close to being finished so, goodbye 6 years of using a craptop

Big Grin
You could make highlights of future build challenges if we get more of those
Feature builds and explain how they work
I definitely like the idea of showcasing builds and showing in detail how the different parts of it work. It might attract a few new people.
Idk if Nick told you, but me and xWaaze_ are creating some "tutorial" videos to post on ORE's YouTube. If anyone is interested in partecipating, he/she is more than welcome.
Everyone should pick their very best project and it be showcased in the vid
make a video of duh fukin ore vs dw minecraft battle Royale speed boats cpu torchless
- Interview/podcast with guests from ore or other interesting people.
- showcases of major contributions to redstone
- let's play with random games or gamemodes like boater, survival or strategy games or co-op games
- every tutorial you could possibly come up with.
- live stream events like race to the dragon first few hours or something

Also I had this idea that I kept pitching to staff, but never really went public. It would be awesome to open up the YouTube for any members to make videos and have it posted. Basically, you wanna make a tutorial? Go for it. Make something entertaining? Entertain me etc. Pros: lots of videos. Channel becomes an archive of high quality education. It might also earn a cultural center akin to minecraftforum.com redstone discussion. Also it's good promo. Also entertaining content is fun to make. Also you don't have to deal with the hassle of maintaining a YouTube channel if you're getting into making videos. Cons: how do we quality control? I ain't a fan of telling people their work isn't good enough. How do we make sure people keep making videos and not just get lazy and quit midway a calculator tutorial 3 times? *cough* iceglade. We need some consistency for the sake of quality. How do we deal with monitization? All these are problems we need to find a solution to.

We could to begin with just let anyone post and then just let experience and analytics do it's thing. That's a solution to the quality control problem. We could just not let people make series to begin with and kinda build a loyalty type thing (you can only do series if you have a good track record). That could be a solution to the consistency problem. We could also just not monetize cuz we're only talking a couple dollars at best and dealing with money is just a pain in the ass and also humans get greedy.

Basically let the people make videos and just fokn post stuff. It'd be awesome
Plot showcases were relatively popular when we did them a while back! Also, if the person whose plot is being shown off isn't really comfortable being "on camera" alone, an interview-style plot showcase may work well :3
10/10 do a meme video where you go over the value of every square in the piston texture
Pages: 1 2