Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Teacher Rank: do we really need it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After many concerns about the teacher rank, it's time to really find out whether we need it or not.

Option 1: Revamp the rank.
  • Keep the rank
  • Create a manditory teaching amount (to be decided) and enforce it (teachers who don't teach will be demoted to builder)
  • Revamp the permissions of teachers (add perks such as /kittycannon and stuff)
  • Possibly allow teachers to claim more plots

Option 2: Remove it completely.
  • No more teacher rank
  • Any builder can teach with permission from the student
  • No direct responsibilities from builder
I don't really think we need any perks for teacher, I just believe we need it so that we can filter teachers, and that the builders aren't teaching incorrect information.
The system now doesn't work, so we don't have a "keep it bcuz of nostalgia" option.
making people teach doesn't work, wish it did but it doesn't. internet people don't like responsibility
Making internet people teach for benefits should work.
OPTION 3: Delete rank but have benefits for those who teach
  • Removes direct responsibility
  • Keeps the benefits for teaching idea
  • Might be able to be combined with bounties
(07-15-2017, 08:43 AM)LambdaPI Wrote: [ -> ]OPTION 3: Delete rank but have benefits for those who teach
  • Removes direct responsibility
  • Keeps the benefits for teaching idea
  • Might be able to be combined with bounties

this ^
I'd still like the rank to exist just because a trial is required to obtain it, I don't really care about the perks as much.
I'm definitely not online enough to hold the rank if teaching becomes mandatory, but I have a nice list of students that I've taught over time
Bump: Guys we need more votes.