Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: I'd like to apply. =]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minecraft name: Digitalis

What do you like the most about redstone?: Solving logical puzzles.

What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: Addressable RAM.

What does the thing do?: It has a 4-bit address and stores 8 bits of data. It has 8 addresses, meaning there are 8 bytes of data in total. Address 0000 is used for "no read". It is based on repeater locks and uses a stacked decoder and comparators to control what memory cell is giving output.

Image/s and/or video/s of the device, from imgur.com or youtube.com: https://imgur.com/a/TQKz8 (The RAM is the second picture. First picture is a shift reg connected to ROM connected to a decoder, third picture is an 8-bit ALU with some basic functions.)

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: 4-Bit custom-design ALU with RAM. I'll attempt to add whatever functions the moderator asks for.
The ALU should be able to do most bitwise functions. Can yours?
(12-12-2016, 05:57 AM)LambdaPI Wrote: [ -> ]The ALU should be able to do most bitwise functions. Can yours?

After doing a practice trial I discovered that my ALU design I built (not on my own plot, but for the practice trial) can't do AND via !A, !B, FC, OR. (doing !A !B gave me AND as the !OUT, but I had no !OUT switch at the time that I said I was done. ://) This was because my design didn't follow standard NOT logic, meaning my implementation of OR was nonstandard.
I suggest creating an ALU that can do all the functions. When you are ready you can post here.
As I said, if I just build in an !OUT then it can do AND logic using !A !B !OUT.

Prior to realizing it needed !OUT, it had:
!A, !B, OR, FC, CC, CIN.

Are there any additional functions needed to make it work for a trial besides this given set (with the addition of !OUT?)
Nope, if you know how to make it do all the gates, then you are accepted Big Grin.
Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.