Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: 7 ticks 8 bit CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have just finished my CPU. It got some fancy features, for example you can create up to 4 registers in RAM. However, it works wierd, It got 10 registers (A,C and r1-r8) and if you are making some ALU operation it takes A and currently active r-sth register and saves the result in C. It can relocate pretty much of registers data but you can't move A anywhere (You can sum it with 0 to save it to C) and you can't move r-sth to C. It can also generate some random noumber (4 bit or 8 bit). I can write about some more features if you'd like to.  http://imgur.com/a/xB5ir
looks hot.

Can it branch?

And them pistons. I hate on pistons.
Jk i don't hate on pistons, I just don't use them.
So what can I use instead of pistons?
Eww, instalogic!
*throws up*
jk
Looks really compact. Any details on instruction set/architecture?
creycrey ur da one who used to use instalogic
(09-30-2016, 08:56 PM)LambdaPI Wrote: [ -> ]creycrey ur da one who used to use instalogic

(09-30-2016, 08:49 PM)CrazyGuy108 Wrote: [ -> ]jk
It's 100% my architecture. The main thing is switch that make the CPU compute something or pass all the data through to the other units like GPU. It got 34 functions. Like jump/jump if, save data from RAM/register/user to some register, basic logic functions, 3 main flags (<>=), and also sending register data out of the CPU. It could have 6 logic gates but it uses only 3, that's because of gate negator which is not connected (I don't really think i will use XNOR or NAND). That's all, I think.
(10-02-2016, 12:40 PM)Bejro Wrote: [ -> ]It's 100% my architecture. The main thing is switch that make the CPU compute something or pass all the data through to the other units like GPU. It got 34 functions. Like jump/jump if, save data from RAM/register/user to some register, basic logic functions, 3 main flags (<>=), and also sending register data out of the CPU. It could have 6 logic gates but it uses only 3, that's because of gate negator which is not connected (I don't really think i will use XNOR or NAND). That's all, I think.

Cool. Is there like a google doc or something that u can put the ISA on? Doing something like that (or just making an ISA board on your plot) is usually a good practice for documenting your build.
I have something ISA-like in my notebook, That helps me write programs. If you wnat to I can make some digital version too. Anyway, I've just finished! Big Grin http://imgur.com/a/qN1UL
Pages: 1 2 3