Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Lagginq's Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minecraft name: Lagginq

What do you like the most about redstone?: I love programming. I taught myself Java, which enough like C++ that it got me into C++ too. Redstone has endless possibilities. I love to make things that automatically do things for me.  I don't have many pictures or videos of my redstoning, though I do have a YouTube channel which will be mentioned below.

What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: I have made auto-sorting machines (My own version), I have made grinders (In factions and anarchy), animal grinders, tree farms (With some help from a YouTuber), potion brewing machines.

What does the thing do?: 
Auto-Sorting Machine: Sorts one item from another, any items that aren't sorted will be put into either lava (Which relates to my zombie-pigman farm, which collects gold ingots, gold nuggets, a double chest of rotten flesh, then any extra rotten flesh, or swords are thrown out.) or chests.
Grinders: A machine that kills monsters or animals to collect the loot they drop, which can be sorted with an 'Auto-Sorting Machine'
Animal Grinders: Refer to above
Tree Farm: When you place a tree, it uses a clock to bonemeal the tree and pushes the wood to the side for easy access later.
Potion Brewing Machines: Automatically brews potions

Image/s and/or video/s of the device, from imgur.com or youtube.com: LagginqMC.  No pictures, but it has videos of my base.

What do you plan on making for your build trial?: I do not know.  Possibly an automatic potion machine which kills witches for gunpowder and glowstone.
At ORE, we tend to focus on computational redstone. The minimal requirement for the build server is a RCA ALU. I am not declining this immediately; you can reply if you have enough knowledge or not.
(09-23-2016, 11:54 PM)LambdaPI Wrote: [ -> ]At ORE, we tend to focus on computational redstone. The minimal requirement for the build server is a RCA ALU. I am not declining this immediately; you can reply if you have enough knowledge or not.

I apologize, I thought this was the application the the school.  If you wouldn't mind, could you move this to the school application, or should I make another?
You can post another thread in the "school applications (new or unapproved)" subforum and fill out the form (it's different for school, read the "read before posting" thread)
(09-24-2016, 11:11 AM)PaukkuPalikka Wrote: [ -> ]You can post another thread in the "school applications (new or unapproved)" subforum and fill out the form (it's different for school, read the "read before posting" thread)

Thank you.  I will right now!