Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Builder application: Nukeist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minecraft name: Nukeist

What do you like the most about redstone?: I can build logic circuits without having to
purchase any physical hardware, and without needing to solder anything.

What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?:
I made a ripple-borrow binary subtractor (if that is what you would call it).
It subtracts positive numbers together.
I understand that I could have used one's or two's complement, but instead I did this.
If you internet speed is too slow for that, have a look at the pictures:
[Image: Ux0tP]
[Image: xCwim]
[Image: 3q1Tu]
[Image: jLC1b]
Image/s and/or video/s of the device, from imgur.com or youtube.com:
The video shows me subtracting stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmzxf7icOfA

I took a picture of the logic schematic I used to design it:
[Image: Cml2s0M]
What do you plan on making for your build trial?: I would either remake this, or make a one or two's complement
subtractor.

Do you agree with the rules? I agree.
I was told in the IRC that a subtractor wouldn't do it. Is that valid? The sticky thread said that a "simple adder" wouldn't cut it, so I read that as "as long as it is more complicated than an adder, it is OK".

It isn't a big deal either way, as I will be building more challenging things as I go along. It would just be nice to have world edit while I do them.
Your application does not show sufficient redstone knowledge in order to join the build server.

Instead, I'd recommend applying for our school server here.
I made this on the school server.
Thanks for the reply, I'll make something cooler. Would multiplication or division do it?
(08-12-2016, 06:06 AM)nukeist Wrote: [ -> ]I made this on the school server.
Thanks for the reply, I'll make something cooler. Would multiplication or division do it?

If it could support negatives represented in 2s comp, that would be really cool.