Forums - Open Redstone Engineers

Full Version: Build application, i guess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minecraft name: MrPixelized.
What do you like the most about redstone?: Well, first of all, that it's a more visual and interactive way of doing binary logic for fun than building a console and using it. Secondly it's usefulness in general thinking and minecraft as well. Also, the fun community behind it. The fact that these kinds of servers exist.
What's a thing you have made which demonstrates redstone knowledge?: I built a GoL simulator on school just for this question once, it got griefed.
What does it do?: At the moment it does nothing, but it used to simulate the game of life, i have still got a cell on my plot i believe.
Image and/or video, from imgur.com or youtube.com: Ok, lovely, i just realised i forgot to save my screenshots before reinstalling my os so my screenshot of the broken GoL is no more. Well, i'll just send two others, a self-designed analog clock, which is simple, and a functioning game of life cell, which is less simple: http://imgur.com/a/tLVmJ
What do you plan on making for your build trial?: Erm, i don't know what would be considered enough effort. Alu? Item-based divider? eeermmm.... how about a hex-to-bin decoder? or a bin-to-hex encoder? I guess it's your choice.
Do you agree with the rules?: Absolutely.
Accepted, on the condition that you build your item-based divider for your trial.
Accepted for trial! Hop on the server at mc.openredstone.org and ask a staff member for assistance.